is proud to present
Casting Director, Universal Studios Japan
in an intensive
Vocal Audition Workshop
Saturday, April 7th, 2018, 8am-4pm and Sunday, April 8th, 2018, 11am-3pm
24-VII Danceforce Studios, Windward Mall in Kaneohe
Appropriate for ages 13 and older
All space for this workshop is currently filled. Please use our contact form if you would like to be placed on a waitlist to participate, or if you are interested in attending as an observer only.
As a musician, singer, actor, musical director and casting director, John Bryan has accumulated over 30 years of industry experience. A graduate of Castle High School and Mr. Bright’s theatre program, JB performed for numerous musical theatre productions, international cruise lines and theme parks.
For the past 24 years JB has been based in and out of Japan. After starting as a performer with Universal Studios Japan, he is now USJ’s resident Casting Director for foreign talent.
Learn professional tips on:
- how to properly prepare for a vocal audition
- the importance of researching your material and your character
- tools for interpreting your song
- how to enter and leave an audition space with grace and confidence
- to be what they want to hire
Expectations of workshop participants:
- Prior to the workshop date, participants will submit their headshot and resume for feedback and review.
- Participants should prepare 16 bars of 2 ballads, and 2 uptempo musical theatre numbers in preparation for their individual intensive session.
- Attendance at the introductory Saturday morning session from 8-11am, and at the Sunday wrap-up session from 2-3pm is required. Participants will sign up for either the Saturday afternoon or Sunday intensive session.
- Participants should be able to commit to attending their intensive session for the entire time (12-4pm on Saturday or 11am-2pm on Sunday). Attendance at both intensive sessions is encouraged.
Please note that this is NOT an audition for Universal Studios or for any I’m A Bright Kid production.